National Post Graduate Convention of Indian Association of Public Health Dentistry was inaugurated on 12 th May 2017 by Dr. R K Bali, Former President and present Hon. Secretary, Dental Council of India, in the presence of Dr. K R Sethuraman, Vice Chancellor, Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth, Dr. Aswath Narayanan, President IAPHD and Dr. Carounanidy Usha, Dean, Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry.
This convention was based on the theme “ORAL PROGRAMS REACHING THE UNREACHED” where international speakers spoke on various aspects of delivering oral health care services to the underserved people. More than 250 public health dentist across the country presented their scientific posters and prototypes of various oral health programs to reach people. At the end, a panel discussion headed by Dr. Swathicharan, Program Director of National Oral Health Program (NOHP), Government of India, discussed on various models of public and private partnership in implementing NOHP. At the end of the panel discussion, the panel members released a model.
PUDUCHERRY DECLARATION FOR IMPLEMENTATION OF NATIONAL ORAL HEALTH PROGRAM
- All the states should preferably have one Nodal officer or Oral Health Consultant for NOHP with a qualification of MDS Public health dentistry.
- IAPHD should provide a Policy framework for implementation of PPP model by involving the public health dentistry departments of all the dental institutes for better implementation of NOHP.
- This framework once drafted would be submitted to MoHFW for discussion and necessary action to be taken at all appropriate levels.
- All the private public health dentistry departments will provide the services as directed by the Nodal officer and be supported as proposed by the policy framework.
- The state Nodal officer will evaluate and monitor the PPP model and allocate the districts for each dental college for NOHP.