Dr Saravana Kumar,
Professor & HOD,
MDS, MS.(Psychotherapy and counseling),
MBA (Human resource management) and PGDMLE.
Dr. Saravana Kumar,
Academic co-ordinator – Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences
Professor & HOD,
Department of Periodontology
Mahatma Gandhi Medical College Campus
Pondy-Cuddalore Main Road , Pillaykuppam , Pondicherry
Email : email@example.com
Dr Aruna completed her BDS from Govt. Dental College and Hospital, Hyderabad in the year 1994 and was also adjudged as the best outgoing student. She pursued her master’s in the speciality of Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry from the same institution in the year 1999. Since then, she was actively engaged in academics and gradually moved up the hierarchy ladder. Her passion for teaching has seen her imparting her knowledge on finer nuances of Pediatric Dentistry to the under-graduate and post-graduate students. She has also been sharing her clinical expertise and has been training the budding dental students in various clinical aspects of Pediatric Dentistry. Her thirst for knowledge and research acumen have resulted in her pursuing doctrate degree in one of the most challenging fields of genetics and Early Childhood Caries. She also keeps herself abreast with recent developments by attending various on-line courses. Her research interests are Genetics of oro-facial diseases, Saliva, PediatricHaemato-Oncological conditions and Bio-statistics. She has also been an invited speakerat various national conferences and has attended more than 100 plus workshops, seminars and conferences till date. She has numerous national and international publications to her credit and has completed a certificate course on Hospital Management from the prestigious SankaraNethralaya Academy, Chennai. Her hobbies include music Carnatic and driving.
- 1992-1997: Completed Bachelor of Dental Surgery at Meenakshi Ammal Dental College.
- 1997-2000: Completed Master of Dental Surgery in Periodontolgy at Meenakshi Ammal Dental College.
- 2002-2004: Completed Master of Science in Counseling and Psychotherapy.
- 2011-2013: Completed Master of Business Administration in Human Resources Management.
- October 2000-April 2010: Worked as Senior Lecturer – Associate Professor at Meenakshi Ammal Dental College & Hospital, Chennai.
- APRIL 2010-October 2012: Worked as Professor at Chettinad Dental College & Research Institute, Chennai.
- December 2012 till date: Working as Professor and Head, Department of Periodontics, Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry.