MDS syllabus – Essential Knowledge
Basic medical subjects, Oral medicine, clinical dentistry, Management of Medical emergencies, Oral radiology Techniques and interpretation, Diagnosis of oro-facial Disorders.
PROCEDURAL AND OPERATIVE SKILLS
1. Examination of Patient – Case history recordings – 100
– FNAC – 50
– Biopsy – 50
Observe, Assist, & Perform under supervision
2. Intra – Oral radiographs:
– Perform an interpretation – 500.
3. full mouth intra oral radiographic tracings – 03.
4. age estimation using radiographs – 10.
1. Dental treatment to medically compromised patients – 02.
Observe, Assist and perform under supervision
2. Extra –oral radiographs, digital radiography – 20.
Observe, Assist and perform undersupervision.
3. Extra oral radiographic tracings – 03.
4. CBCT Interpretations – 05.
1. Giving intra muscular and intravenous injections
2. Administration of oxygen and life saving drugs to the patient
3. Performing basic CPR and certification by Red Cross or similar authorized organization.
All the above
– Performed independently – Case history: Routine cases – 100
– Interesting Cases – 25
– Intra-oral Radiographs – 100
– OPG – 50
– Periapical view – 100
– Bitewing view – 50
– Occlusal view – 50
– Extra – oral radiographs of different views – 25
– CBCT – 10.
– Treatment of mucosal lesions with LASER – 03
All the students shall complete the minimum quota for the teaching and learning activities as follows
|1.||Journal Clubs||5 in a Year|
|2.||Seminars||5 in a Year|
|3.||Clinical Case Presentations||4 in a Year|
|4.||The lecture taken for Undergraduates||1 in a Year|
|5.||Scientific Paper / Poster Presentations at State / National Level Conference||4 paper/posters during three years of training workshop period|
|6.||Clinical Pathological Conferences||2 Presentations during three years of the training period|
|7.||Scientific Publication (optional)||One Publication in any Indexed Scientific Journal|
|8.||Submission of Synopsis||One Synopsis within six months from the date of commencement of the course|
|9.||Submission of Dissertation months||One dissertation within six months before appearing for the university examination|
|10.||Submission of Library Dissertation||One library dissertation within eighteen months from the date of commencement of the course|